Friday, January 30, 2009

We Serve A God Of Miracles

I am just so humbled by God. Like King David proclaimed we serve a God of miracles. Last week something happened that I felt was a direct attack that the devil launched against our finances. OF COURSE THE DEVIL WILL ATTACK A LEADER IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD WHO IS WILLING TO MAKE A RUCKUS. Laurie and I have really upped our giving since the economy has taken a down turn. I don't want to go into detail, but God has the ability to take the devils attacks and bring glory to Himself. I was so under attack that I was getting a really bad attitude, even towards God, as to why He would allow things to go wrong. I looked up and said you have to do something...DID HE EVER...MORE THAN WE CAN ASK OR IMAGINE.

The truth is that the church finances were so down this month that I was not able to receive a paycheck on Monday. That stunk and I was not a happy camper! Wednesday it was brought to my attention that a brother in Christ was struggling financially. The Lord put it on me and Laurie's heart to help this good brother and his family. Now, remember Sunday...passionate giving will hurt...well I was battling, but my principles kicked in. My principle is that when there is a need and you have the ability to meet the need you do it. Faith without works is dead...it was exactly the scripture God laid on my heart at Tony's during prayer the other night.

To make a long story short God blessed me with a nice sale on Ebay...but that's not all! Wednesday we decided to buy groceries for that friend...Thursday someone sent a tithe to the church that actually put us ahead of budget and I got paid....I cannot tell how many times God has come through. When you're faithful to Him and His word. He is faithful to you. I truly have experienced the pouring out a blessing that you cannot contain this week. Come and talk to me about and I will tell you the whole story.

3 comments:

Scott Curington said...

I read your post about you were doing all you could do and the church did not seem to respond. I could not get my words arranged to tell you what I was feeling. This post just shows how all we have to do is be faithful to God. His word, HIs son, His way. And he will take care of the rest. There have been a LOT of times that I could not see the end of the tunnel because of the train that was bearing down on me. Then just when there seemed to be no more time, God took care of the train.
Pastor Mike, just keep doing what you are doing and stay faithful to God and the vision he has given you and it will all come out the way He wants it when He wants it too.

Love Ya'll.

P.S. Pastor Mike, I do not have an email address for you, could you email me at:scottcurington@yahoo.com Thanks.

Pastor Mike's Blog said...

Hey Scott,
Thanks for the encouraging words. The past year has definitely been a test of faith and patience. I know I am preaching to the choir. My email is mikeshroades@gmail.com.
Tell Pastor Michael and your family I said hello. Blessings to all you guys are doing there.
Love you guys,
Mike

Anonymous said...

God is faithful, even when He doesn't follow our time table. I'm glad to hear that He blessed you this week.