Sunday, January 4, 2009

Top 10 New Years Resolutions Suggestions

Today I launched a new series called Purpose Driven Passion. Things went pretty good today, but afterwards I was inspired to give a list of my top 10 suggestions for New Years Resolutions.

10. Begin a regular habit of doing daily devotions that consists of reading the Word and prayer. (I am currently reading a Proverb a day and doing a one page journal for my devotions.)

9. Quit worrying!
(Too many Christians becoming dooms-day nay-sayers.)

8. Give!
(Because "they" will tell you that you shouldn't.)

7. Destroy Your Idols
(Nothing should come between you and your God.)

6. Pray for a lost person til they get saved!!!

5. Take someone under your wing and disciple them!!

4. Quit being miserable!
(Too many Christians not having something to live for...)

3. Use your God given talents in your local church.

2. Go to Church!
(I really struggle with Christians that don't go to church)

1. LIFT HIM UP!!!
(Every second of every day)

5 comments:

David Berry said...

Today was one of the best sermons I have ever seen in any House of worship, and you have done some awesome sermons, but today, You, my friend, left an everlasting impact. We all need our toes stepped on from time to time. We can't wait to see the next sermon. Great Job Today! I see Christ working through you, and making an awesome impact at that.
Keep up the work.

Shane Braucht said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shane Braucht said...

I feel those are 10 guidelines each of us should live by.

Pastor Mike's Blog said...

LOOK EVERYBODY SHANE BRAUCHT...HE IS ALIVE!

Debbie said...

Pastor Mike - These 10 resolutions are so right on the point! # 7 hits me especially hard because I let computer surfing waste time that I should be reading and studying the Word to strengthen my walk with God - so # 10 should be put # 1 in my life and 2-9 will fall in place and balance out my walk. Make sense? It's clear to me. Thanks for a toe-stomping, heart wrenching sermon!!! I need it!!