Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ticking Off The Status Quo

My intention was to title this p*****g off the status quo, but I guess am not quite as liberated as Perry Noble. By the way you are not seeing red...that's the actual color I am blogging in today.

I am calling out the status quo...staff, leaders, members, hit-and-miss church attenders, pastors, managers, business people, community organizers and even sinners. You are on the carpet. Why? Because the mindset of the status quo has held things back for far too long.

If you remember one of my New Years Resolutions was to step up my leadership to help our church go forward. Some of you are hating that...because now when you don't do something (like attend meetings, carry your load) I actually want a reason as to why. I have been merciful on the lack of follow-through because for the most part we have always been a volunteer leadership staff. That is my fault! Excellence can never settle for second best!

I get ticked when we come together, work on something, put it into action only to have a few on the team carry their load. Resulting in the shelving of another great idea. For this reason the status quo will steifel creativity. AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN NO MORE!!!

The status quo does not change an organization. An organization must become a movement. Below are a few quotes from Seth Godin,

"Movements have leaders and movements make
things happen."

"People yearn for change, they relish being part
of a movement, and they talk about things that are remarkable, not
boring."


The status quo resists change...there is nothing remarkable to talk about...and they are boring! This means to be part of a movement of God the status quo must change.
The same old, same old is boring and frankly I am sick of it.

God has so much in my heart. I am committed to changing the status quo because the status quo has been our biggest enemy. Change is not coming...its here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDxcyqeRc-4







1 comment:

Pastor Mike's Blog said...

How 'bout that preacher...a good mix of status quo, irrelevance, and legalism!