Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Time To Elect A New President!!!

I have followed this years election process closer than before. I am one of those people that is of the opinion that the country is not headed in the right direction. Now, I am not going to use this to politicize my thoughts. I know I am concerned about the economy. More than the economy itself I am concerned with the financial structure of America. There is no way I can fatham the idea budgeting trillions of dollars. But, I know what bad borrowing principles can do to a person. Scripture definitely speaks about being a servant to the lender. If there is one thing I wish Laurie and I would have never done is borrow money in the form of loans and credit cards. Bad borrowing has effected the way we have had to live even when money was flowing in pretty good. Myself, I just find it unreasonable to pump billions into an economy so more people can borrow that money. If you fail in your business you suffer the consequences...and I better button my lips.
For the first time in my life I have really begun to explore the benfits of solar, wind,natural gas and clean burning fuels. As a matter of fact, it has brought back a wonderful memory of growing up in West Virginia. A state full of coal. So much coal that we used to get truck loads for free. I remember my parents burning coal in our fireplaces in the winter to heat the house. I also remember everyone else in town doing the same thing. I remember going to eat freshly dumped snow and having to navigate around the tiny particles of burnt coal that came down with the snow. So clean burning is a good idea.
I am concerned about the moral climate of our country. Particularly, the prejudices that still run wild. Liberals hate conservatives and visaversa. Recently, I had a man that I have done business with approach me and tell me there ain't no way we need a N**** in our White House. That is rediculous!!! That was one of the most ignorant things anyone has ever just walked up and said to me. That is not good in our country and we in the church cannot afford to hold that mindset. Fortunately, this was not a church going person. I am deeply offended by the idiotic installation art in West Hollywood. There is an apparent artist who has Sarah Palin hanging from a noose off their chimney. How offensive! Where are all the feminist on this one?

I was wondering what some of you might be thinking about as to what will guide your decision in this election...

1 comment:

Ken Tuck said...

Ah. The political season. I love it and I hate it. As an editor, there's no night more exciting than election night, especially a presidential election night or some real good local races.

I hate this time of the year too, because politicians at every level bombard the TV with attack ads. In most of ads they flat out lie, and at the very least, twist the facts to make themselves look good and their opponents look bad. People who base their voting decisions on political TV ads are as idiotic as the ads.

In the presidential race, it's a sad situation. I don't think any of the candidates are good choices. But, since that's all we have to choose from, just pray and vote how you feel led to vote. Remember, God isn't republican or democrat. And, if you vote for one person and a friend votes for someone else, don't blast them for excerising their right to vote. All republicans aren't going to Heaven, and all democrats aren't going to hell.

One good thing about this election is we will finally be out from under then reign of George W. Bush. Whoever the next president is, he will not be able to turn this country around overnight. I don't know if the national debt will ever turn around. Isn't it amazing how we can go from no debt to trillions and trillions in debt in just eight years. Thanks Mr. President!

Congress deserves a lot of the blame as well. The Republican Congress didn't do much, and the Democratic-led Congress the past two years has been even worse, if that's possible.

No matter who you support and vote for, there is one thing that we Christians must always do and that's pray for our leaders. Like them or not, we are still required to pray for them.

Pray for this country. And, no matter what the economy is doing, don't stop doing God's work and supporting it. If you tithe and give offerings, God will bless you. That's God's economic plan. It's a lot better than Wall Street.

Mike, I know you are surprised that I wrote so much about this topic. :-)
- Ken