Friday, October 24, 2008

Going Fishin'

Well, in seven minutes I will wake my brother up to go the trout stream. I had my best day ever on the trout stream yesterday. We both caught our creel limit. On top of that I enjoyed about two hours of catch and release. I have never done that... it was fun.
Brad had a blast too. It was funny as they released water from the dam....Brad and I were in the middle of the river. Since his brain injury he is like a little kid sometimes. You should have seen me holding his hand tryin to walk him through high water...without getting washed away myself. We were dying laughing...I said those other guys probably thought we were gay.
You know I have not had this much fun in years with my brother. He is still a pain in the neck sometimes but I thank God for the time I am having with him.
Please pray for me and Brad as I am going to share Christ and His forgiveness with Brad. Brad knows what Hank Davis has done to me and the church. Ironically, we were watching the WVU gam...THAT THEY KICKED AUBURNS BUTT... when we came acrossed a channel with Hank on television. My brother stormed out of the room and refused to watch it. I want to explain how God forgives and as Christians we have to forgive. As a matter of fact God used this to birth a message in my heart. Hope to share it soon. WELL GOTTA GOING FISHING!!

2 comments:

Ken Tuck said...

Hey Bro. I am praying. I know how much it has broken your heart over the years seeing your brother live the life he was living. I hate he has and is going through everything that he is going through. But, God can use everything for His glory. I have seen such a change in Brad. I know he is going to accept Jesus some day. I pray that day is today. Nobody shares Jesus better than you. Praise God!

Where are y'all fishing at? I need to get in on some of that. Martha and I both love to fish, especially trout fishing. We've never hit a hot area like that before. You and I have said for years we're going to go trout fishing together, but haven't. We need to do it. We've got to take our wives though. Martha enjoys fishing as much as I do. Plus, I'd rather sleep with Martha instead of you. :-)

I love you Bro and I'm proud of you. Sharing Jesus with family members can be the toughest thing any of us do.

- Ken

Anonymous said...

I've been praying for God to prepare Brad's heart and to give you the exact words to say. I hope ya'll had a great trip. Love ya bro.

-Justin