Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I WILL SHOW YOU AS YOU GO

As we stepped out on faith trusting God to provide. We determined this would be the Abrahamic call...I will show you as you go! We, the leaders, felt it necessary to leave the building we were in and trust God. What I am about to say will blow your mind, but hear me out....PRAISE GOD FOR HANK DAVIS! I believe God has used the Word of Life lack of integrity to launch us into something great.
I believe that the WOL officials lacking integrity and forcing us out of the building has forced us to trust God. Let's face it we were comfortable where we were...we have had to step out of our comfort zone. Typically, I am the one that worries most. My faith has had to be steadfast. I am not tooting my own horn as I am battle tired. Yet I am stoked, pumped, excited and looking forward to what God desires to do. Last night we had our first leadership meeting since leaving the building. It was the best leadership meeting we have had since I arrived in Enterprise...there was excitement, there was vision casting, there was honesty, there was love, there was sincere prayer, there was worship, there was input given, there was the presence of God, and I have never seen our leaders interact like they did last night.
When we had our first Fellowship in the Park...I didn't know what to expect. Over 60 people came out...unfortunately we only received $55 in tithe and offering. When Lisa (our office manager) called she was really concerned. I don't think she liked my advice...let's trust God. I didn't like my advice as I like my security. I let her know if the folks are behind our church we will need their continued financial support. I truly decided to trust God.... this week we put a few thousand in the bank...PRAISE GOD!!!
Back to my title...Abraham was called out by God to leave his comfort zone...the only assurance he had was that God would show him as he obeys. By faith Abraham went. I felt at the end of 2007 that we needed to walk away from the property. I needed to wait on the support of the elders to do so...I also had to wait for the Word of Life lawyer to ask us to leave after many obvious empty promises by the WOL "board". I think God is going to show us as we go...just like He did Abraham. We will have to trust Him the whole way. If we saw the whole picture we may decide not to go. The Hampton Inn is just a step in the right direction. It is about to get really exciting..... He will show us as we go!

5 comments:

Dewayne Morris said...

AMEN Brother!You know it really feels good to step out in faith. I'm excited about what God is doing. My imagination runs wild sometimes just thinking about what God may be up to. But He will show us all we need to know as we go.
Thanks for being such a great leader through all this.

Debbie said...

I'm excited about where our church is going. Looks like it's going to be a rollercoaster ride for awhile - HA! Debbie

Debbie said...

THIS IS FROM TONY!

The meeting was very promising and exciting! The leadership seemed to be jelled as one and the strength of the Holy Spirit was there and very awesome. Thanks for being a great leader and helping us step out in faith. Love you Pastor - Tony

Ken Tuck said...

Y'all are incredible. Martha and I are so excited about what God is doing at our former church and in the lives of people we love so much. Our prayers continue to be with you. We can't wait to see what God does next.
It's very similar to what we're experiencing with Love In Action. God has opened some huge doors and it could be overwhelming, but He's called us to help one person at a time. Like you wrote,"I will show you as you go," that's so true. When we truly wait on God, it's amazing what He will do. I'm finished trying to "help" God. He doesn't need our help, just our obedience and willingness to do His will. That's exactly where y'all are at. Y'all are being obedient and willing to let God show you as you go. Praise God!
The excitement and momentum y'all have is awesome.
I will say that I am not surprised. Mike, you are an awesome leader, and you are surrounded by awesome leaders. Serving with you, Tony, Dewayne and Justin over the years was an awesome experience. It made me a much better leader and person. I do miss you guys, but just know that I love y'all and Martha and I are praying. Keep on keeping on in Jesus.

justin said...

I wished I could have been at the leadership meeting, but I had to teach that night class at the EOCC. I can't wait to see what God does Sunday morning. He has been challenging me over the last couple of days to get out of my comfort zone and share the gospel with people. The great commission is for all of us no matter our age, talents, or personality. Word of mouth is the way we are going to grow. Let's give people hope, let's give them Jesus. I want to see lives change!