Monday, October 6, 2008

GREAT SERVICE IN THE PARK!!!!!

Yesterday was awesome as I pulled up and saw dozens of wonderful people gathered together for fellowship in the park.
Thank you to everyone who brought some of your best dishes. I appreciate DeWayne filling in and covering until I could make it back from Georgia. Sorry I missed the worship set...but thanks for leading fellowship in the park praise time. And to see everyone talking and praying in small groups was awesome.
Now that we have an idea of how it will work we will do our best to bring better structure...but not too much structure. We want fellowship in this setting. I was so excited to meet people that some of you invited to our fellowship. My guest did not make it but he assured me that he would come next week. That's twice in a row I have not managed to get my guest in church. All of you who have managed to bring people keep up the good work and don't just stop as one ... go for more. I was glad to see some families that had not been in church in a while. Overall I was very excited to see our church take the first step to overcoming our adversities. AND IT WAS GREAT HAVING TONY WITH US AGAIN!!!
I have gotten older, slower and fatter....I CONFESS DON BEAT ME in basketball AFTER ALL MY TRASH TALKING...but I was sick...I was tired...I was not planning on playing....I had not ate a good meal...his wife and kids were there...THERE WILL BE A REMATCH!!!

On a more serious note...we realize that there was no idea how this would go and it may have slipped your mind, but we still have some financial obligations. Therefore, please continue being faithful in your tithes and offerings. We will receive an offering at our next fellowship in the park. We may be in the park for the entire month of October as we are waiting for some possible locations to come available. Just a reminder that a name change will probably have to be in order.

I want to encourage everyone to do their best to keep the kids involved. I know the teens will want to wonder off but they are part of the church and I think its important that they participate in the fellowship as well. They need to be part of what we are doing. So lets encourage all of our children to stay and fellowship...we will allow time to chill, but they need to be part of the worship, word and small groups.

Fellowship in the park will include worship, word, small groups and lots of food,fellowship, and fun. Did you enjoy this weeks fellowship?

2 comments:

Ken Tuck said...

Praise God! It was great talking with you yesterday Bro. and hearing about the service in the park. Praise God Bro. T is back. You can't keep a good man down.
Y'all keep doing what you're doing. In the words of the late great N.C. State basketball coach Jim Valvano, "Don't give up, don't ever give up."
God is at work and He's lining things up. Remember, church isn't about a building. It's about the Body of Christ worshiping our God, teaching one another the Word of God and being about our Father's business. Keep reaching the lost and making disciples. God will honor your obedience.
Though Martha and I don't see most of y'all any more since moving to Dothan, know that we still love y'all and y'all are in our prayers.

Ken

justin said...

I enjoyed the service in the park. Although I knew it would be different, the contrast to our "normal service" was shocking. Wednesday had a similar feel. We squeezed 14 youth and 3 adults in the backroom at Smoochies that seats 12. I think the youth enjoyed it. The tension is exciting and challenging at the same time.