Thursday, October 2, 2008

Countdown to Fellowship in the Park - THURSDAY

Only a few odds and ends remain and we will be totally done moving out of the church. Yesterday was the first time I was in the sanctuary with everything totally gone. It was weird but I know God is in this. I want to thank everyone who assisted in helping us get the job done. Everyone seems to be so full of anticipation. I am blown away by the encouragement I receive from those outside of our fellowship. It seems every corner I turn someone is asking about our situation. I'm trying to think of calling it something like our "blessing", "launching", "new beginning", or something like that. Its not a situation now! Its an opportunity to open our wings and soar. Nothing should hold us back...no Hank, no Devil, no person, no lack, no nothing. Its time to soar. As the prophet Isaiah said....mount up with wings like eagles.

FYI- Welcome home Tony!!! Missy is still in the hospital!!

BREAKING NEWS!!! Due to the connection of our name with Word of Life....i.e. we have been Word of Life doing business as The Potter's House we may need to rename our church. Due to seen and unforseen problems with Word of Life most everyone in leadership feels a name change is appropriate...everyone wants to break totally away from WOL...this was the name they gave the church. So, in the near future we may have a name change.

A few people have asked if it is okay for them to write Hank (Word of Life) a letter. I think that would be a good idea...just keep it Christian. By Christian I don't mean nice. Don't sin in your anger! I think for you to express how you feel would be therapeutic. So if you feel you need to communicate with WOL thats fine. There have been times I have been really hurt by people in the church. I want to lash out at them. But, over the years I have had a few things I do to help with my frustrations. First, I am point blank honest when I have been offended by someone. The other...I write a letter...most I never send but it gets it out of my system. Then I find it easier to go forward.

2 comments:

Ken Tuck said...

I love the excitement. God is doing a new thing. Keep the excitement and momentum going. Keep being obedient to God and hold on for a fantastic ride with Jesus. Praise the Lord for what He is doing and is about to do. Take Enterprise for Jesus!
Are you going to cook hotdogs and/or hamburgers? We've led a lot of people to the Lord through the "hotdog ministry" haven't we Bro.
Love you man. Love all of you at whatever the new name of the church is going to be.

Pastor Mike's Blog said...

Covered dish this time...kind of a test run...we may have to do this for the entire month of October.

Your right Oscar Meyer and the Holy Spirit...what a combination.