Thursday, February 19, 2009

Two Ministers DENY Being On Word of Life Board

In an attempt to be fair I need to post some communications I have received. Recently, I have been asked by several people for the list of board members for Word of Life. I guess it was about one year ago that I received a letter from Dr. David Bishop that he was not and neither has he ever been part of the Word of Life board. I have never added Dr. Bishop to that list since that time.

Today I received an email from Dr. Mark Hanby's office. This is a portion of that email....

"Thank you for your email of concern. Just to be clear, Dr. Hanby NEVER agreed to be on the Board of Directors for Pastor Hank Davis. The first time that Dr. Hanby was aware that he was supposedly on the Board was a few years ago when the church was going through difficult times. At that time, Dr. Hanby called and made it clear that he had never been asked to serve on the Board of Directors, nor was he aware that his name had been listed as a member of the Board of Directors."

But, I am probably still the trouble making rebellious liar! All I ever wanted was to help the church I pastored. Word of Life knew when they asked me to pastor in Enterprise that I call it like I see it. Word of Life has done so much spiritual harm to me and others through the years that there are people that are scared to say anything. Well, I am not! And anyone who has said anything against them faces the ridicule of insubordination. And trust me the ridicule is mental torture. I would be glad to share my story of the first time Hank and his elder nailed me to the wall as a young leader in search of a mentor, but I was stupid enough to trust him again and again. That was my fault!

1 comment:

Brian Turner said...

Brother, I am still praying for you and standing with you. I know the mental torture.