Monday, February 9, 2009

Lessened Depression

I have made a startling observation that is the direct result of something I now know that I had to do. For many years I have journaled. Not always faithful but I try to keep a journal of thoughts, ideas, and prayer times.

In reading over many of the notes over the last 4 or 5 years I noticed an unusually high amount of comments on how I was feeling down emotionally. Also, was the constant concerns of being connected to a ministry that lacked integrity.

Since coming out from under the control and manipulation of Word of Life I have not noted the first depressed feeling...that has been over a year. There has to be something to that. I feel like I have been released from some sort of cult or something.

I see people all over the world who are under the spiritual control of their leaders. I never let those people control me, but I always worried what they would do to destroy my name because they have done that with so many others. NOW I COULD CARE LESS WHAT THEY THINK OR SAY!!!

The reason I think I am even really thinking about the situation is because there are so many in the community who have read that the old church is going up for auction. That's right instead of signing it back to us as they said. The regime let it go into foreclosure. Really kingdom minded aren't they.

Everyone out there in blog land... spiritual leaders are there to lead you in your walk with Christ not to control you.

Does your pastor require body guards just to come to church? Some church settings I have visited seemed more like mafia than anything. Are your spiritual leaders approachable and accessible? Remember in large churches there is usually a chain of command you will need to follow before getting to the top. Has your leader been accused of one immoral incident after another? Sexual and financial misconduct is usually at the top, but also includes the rebuke of others when asked the simplest of questions. Is your pastor selling what he preaches about the most? Jesus would probably flip tables in most of our church foyers!!!

Don't be afraid to ask questions...if you find that avoidance, lies and misreprsentations of the facts are what you get....take my advice and LEAVE! RUN! Get the heck out of there! Be careful they will prophecy your gloom and doom, but remember God has not given you the spirit of fear.

I am alarmed at the number of pastors who are more protective of their names than that of God. When there is more offense over the questioning of a leader as opposed to the taking of God's name in vain that scares the crap out of me.

If we as leaders expect people to walk with integrity and loyalty then we must lead the charge. Why should we expect loyalty if we offer none!

Anyway it is nice not to be so dang depressed all the time.

2 comments:

David Berry said...

It was a very good choice to come out from under "Word of Life" pr as I choose to call them "World or Lies". It's hard to believe how the church was treated by these people, and now to allow a foreclosure on the building! That's Crazy! Well that's my two cents on that. However, You, Pastor Mike, have been a blessing to this church. You have never treated it as a business, as so many churches do. And have always been a friend, a leader, and a great example of a family loving Father, and Husband. We are blessed to have you, and appreciate all that you do.

Debbie DuBose said...

"World of Lies" - Oh, you soooooo nailed it on the head. I'm still laughing!! GREAT, appropriate play on words!