Friday, February 27, 2009

GIVE UP ... Final Thoughts

Wow! What a week...a man commits to put his wife first and he's getting a divorce. Isn't it amazing what happens when we read into something instead of just reading something. It tells me that too many people like to gossip.

If the posts I made insuated that Laurie and I are having trouble, then you are a genius! Unfortunately, no lines to read between. I have come to realize how sinicle (not sure how to spell that) we can be at times.

I assure you I love my wife and the last three days I have rose to the challenge, and I feel like I am on track with what God wanted me to do. This is not a do it for a little while change...this is a permanent change that I want to make.

One thing I have learned from this...in giving up all that I desire and focusing on my wife...it has become contagious...you won't believe this...I find I am giving up to other folks as well. I have not focused on my dreams and goals all week. Now, keep in mind I am 100% committed to what God has called me to do. But, sometimes my personal ambition gets weeded amongst Gods will. I am still doing what it is that I know God has called me to do. Taking Care of My Family! Pastoring!! Leading!!! But all the assumed results has not been my focus. You aren't going to believe this. I even feel better about myself! Trust me there is noone who gets upset with Mike Shroades more than Mike Shroades.

I will still pursue the will of God...but I have come to the conclusion that some of my goals were all about me. The hoped for results have not been accomplished, but in other areas we have over achieved. Regardless, its time for me to re-prioritize some things in my life.

Sometimes you have to give up to go up!

No comments: