Thursday, February 26, 2009

GIVE UP con't

I am giving up .... I quit ... I hate this junk ... I am never going to make it....just kidding...my mother has been checking up on me but she doesn't know that I know.

HI MOM!

Just to bring some clarity to this thought of GIVE UP, basically so my mother will not worry about me....

"And you husbands must love your wives with the same love Christ showed the church. HE GAVE UP HIS LIFE FOR HER (Ephesians 5:26 NLT)."

I was in Florida taking a walk and praying. I asked God to do something in my wife's life that concerned following the will of God. During that walk there was not some sort of audible voice. It was just me kinda praying in my heart to God.

When I got back to my hotel room the scripture listed above was what I read. I bet I have read that a thousand times. But the latter part felt like God was tatooing it to the front of my brain. I still see it even as I type....HE GAVE UP HIS LIFE FOR HER!

I have always loved my wife...I have heard all the messages on loving and serving...But for some reason God has really been bringing this home. No matter what I do in life I need my wife by my side. And God took that few minutes to rock my world. It was as if He showed me what Jesus could have been if He would not have been crucified at the age of 33. How awesome, influential and successful he could have been if he could have lived longer. HE GAVE IT ALL UP FOR THE CHURCH... that's me and you.

And it hit me that God was calling me to do the same out of love for my wife. Just like Christ laid his life down for us...I am to lay my life, my dreams, my goals, my whatever down for her...actually He has called me and every husband out there to give up our lives for her. All because we love her.

No comments: