Thursday, September 4, 2008

I Am GOD And I Approve His Message

After watching the last couple of National Conventions for both political parties I am tired of hearing...this is so and so and I approve this message. They slam each other and then say ... I approve of this message. My first thought is always who cares? That's just one of the things that gets under my skin during political seasons. The great thing is that they didn't come up with the old ... I approve this message...God did!
Do you remember when John the Baptist was approached by Jesus. John told Him that he needed to be baptized by Him. When John finally agreed to baptize Jesus the story continued with the Heavens opening and the Spirit of God descending upon Him. Then God says..."This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased" (Matthew 3:13-17). He wasn't just pleased with His son He was approving the message that Jesus had been preaching. HE IS MY SON AND I APPROVE OF HIM AND HIS MESSAGE. We need to be so caught up in the purpose of God that He would be willing to proclaim...I AM GOD AN I APPROVE HIS MESSAGE.

No comments: