Monday, December 15, 2008

When The Cat's Away The Mice Will Play

In the vastness of my antiquated experiences I have learned that the proclamation of my absence usually derails the attendance of otherwise participatory worshipers. Thus upon admirable pontification I have concluded that I must report all those who.....shall I say...superfluously subjected themselves to the lack of worship.... to Santa Claus. Therefore, those of you who are superior in intellect due to the vastness of the wisdom that flows from me to you by way of osmosis....I must declare you were naughty! Naughty because you unintelliglibly developed the veltagshaung, that is to say, world view, that if the pastor is not there I need not be either. As a result, you have been declared as being naught! A pastoral proverb declares that when the cat is away the mice will play. Oh, you naughty mouse!

4 comments:

Debbie DuBose said...

That is too funny. A very well put reprimand!

Pastor Mike's Blog said...

I thought about beatings with leather straps, but if they get a lump of coal for Christmas that's fine too! Santa was not pleased when I talked to him.

David Berry said...

Sorry guys, They wouldn't let me out of the Hospital to go last Sunday. And unfortunately we most likely won't be there this Sunday. We have to go to Dothan to visit my Mom, She's having to do Christmas with the family Early this year for scheduling conflicts. So this mouse hasn't gotten to play much, but may when I am feeling better. Ya'll have a great Sunday, We will see you soon.

Pastor Mike's Blog said...

You my friend are excused...I was in South Carolina when Deena called to tell us you was in the hospital. That's why I had Tony come by to visit with you. Enjoy your time with mom...family get togethers are a rare treat for Laurie and I. Hope you are feeling better.