Sunday, December 21, 2008

Twenty Years But It Finally Happened

Years ago Laurie told me something she never did as a child that I thought was unbelievable. She had never watched The Wizard of Oz! That's what I thought. She keeps picking on me because I know the songs. She didn't even know who the munchkins were.
She never saw the movie because her dad was a pastor. If you remember The Wizard of Oz always came on the Sunday evening movie. She was always in church...and on top of that they probably taught her that the Wizard of Oz was a sign that Jesus was going to return. Anyhow, tonight Laurie and I sat down and watched the Wizard of Oz...finally after 20 years.

1 comment:

Ken Tuck said...

She missed the good old black and white version back in the day. Ted Turner colorized it.
I'm glad she has finally seen the classic. Now she knows about the Lollipop Guild. Gotta love them munchkins.