Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Top 10 Reasons I Am Thankful!

Thanksgiving is one my favorite holidays of the year. I know you probably think its because I get to eat like a mad man. The truth is I have tons of wonderful memories over the years. When I still lived with my parents we always had a house full. We would have tables lined up all over the place. My grandparents were always there. My cousins would come and we would play til we cried when they had to leave. I remember we would hide our cousins shoes just so their parents would have to look around for them...giving us more time to play. My pap used to come over and watch the parades...as we got older we still watched them because it meant football would be next. I remember snow on the ground on Turkey Day. One time me and my brother even got busted by the game warden for setting illegal traps...we set fox traps in an attempt to get some rabbits. We had the coolest beagle...his name was Beatles....that dog always did something crazy that would have everyone talking. As I type I can smell my mothers home made noodles and the rolls (they were those brown and serve). So to start my Top 10 Reasons I Am Thankful this Thanksgiving are:

10. Memories of so many that are with the Lord or that I haven't seen in years.

9. That we are probably half way done with Christmas shopping.

8. That there will be no credit cards used this shopping season.

7. Football...Football...Football...and the Celtics!

6. God has really put it on our heart to be a blessing to some precious people through the holidays.

5. I feel like God is up to something and its going to be awesome.

4. On Thanksgiving night I will see the Penquins and Thrashers fight .... I mean play hockey....I know nothing about hocky but I love the fights!

3. My Church is awesome! I love you guys so much!

2. I will be spending this season with family at T-Giving and Christmas...you never know how that makes me feel.

1. JESUS- thanks Justin I couldn't have said it better!

3 comments:

Music Man said...

You know whats crazy!? Is the fact that alot of time we only say thanks for things on thanksgiving day. We should be thankful for living each and everyday. I thank God for my family and for my friends. My church is the bestest! God is doing some amazing things at our church and I can't wait to see what He has in store for us soon and very soon! God bless all and Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Mike,

I love your blog!! I never knew you were a techy :-). It was great spending Thanksgiving with you, Laurie, and the kids. We are very thankful that ya'll are so close and we get to see you so often...and Lindy loves her Uncle Mike & Aunt Laurie.

Love,
Morgan

PS - Mom never made the homemade noodles. Nan made the noodles and passed the recipe on to me...I guess it skips a generation!!

Pastor Mike's Blog said...

I'll ask mom!