Tuesday, March 17, 2009

These DOA messages are killing me!

I am currently doing a series called DOA...and it is killing me. When I started this I would have never dreamed that God was going to give me a spiritual tune up. Yet I know God is still working in me...trying to lessen Mike so that He can increase!

I want God to shine through me. I want God to preach through me. I want God to love through me. I want God to give through me. The only way I can do that is by getting rid of the me.

The prep for this series has caused me to struggle so much that I feel like I am dying. The great thing is...the more I take me out of the picture the better things seem to be. I know many of you are saying wish you would gotten out of the picture a long time ago. Its people like you that keep my flesh alive!

I don't know if I have ever loved my wife more than I do right now. My marriage is becoming everything I had ever dreamed it would be. In the corner of my bathroom mirror I have written "give up". So that everyday I will be reminded I give up my life for her.

I am about to add "take up" to the other corner. As a reminder to take up my cross every day. This came to me by way of a message on TBN. From a Word of Life board member...a friend...someone that ministry has put a strain on our relationship. I heard someone say one time that the cross was something that the flesh crawled upon to die.

This series has brought me into check...with family members, the church, and even what God's will is for my life. A place where honesty and reality have parked side by side ... and they're in the parking spot that is supposed to be reserved for the senior pastor. I am so NOT everything I should be!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really got a lot out of DOA Part 4. I'm seeing some things that I haven't let die yet. Dying daily requires effort and attention. With the pain and suffering that Jesus went through, we should be willing to die to ourselves. Thanks for listening to God and doing this series.