Thursday, March 19, 2009

March Madness

Well, for the next month you will have put up with the insanity. I love this time of year. Its like hoops 24/7. And anytime the mighty Mountaineers are playing you can expect plenty of trash talking.

I want to encourage you to get on twitter.com so we can talk smack during the game. Over the course of this month I typically don't take a shower for fear of missing a good play. I will do all I can to avoid human contact. MARCH MADNESS is finally here.

This should be a paid holiday for all of America....tip off is just two hours away. I have two sepereate brackets. One was my person picks going with my gut...the other is on the ESPN Challenge. So let's look at the field. First, sorry to our boys of Troy...but you have to win when it counts.

I have to say Louisville looks strong....probably will win it all. But the Big East has 5 or 6 teams capable of going all the way. It could be a Big East final four. Duke is going home early. Missouri will surprise some people. Butler and Washington will send the weak SEC teams home in the first round.

Clemson might be stronger than you think, but the Terps will need some help. They are lucky to be in the dance. UConn will struggle...if things fall in their direction watch for them to make a push, but they will more than likely be a let down this year. Memphis....Overrated. No where as good as the were last year. Syracuse might be the sleeper. If WVU gets past Kansas you better keep an eye on my boys.

Finally, North Carolina is down with injury concerns. We will have to see. Tyler Hansbro cannot carry this team...he needs his buddy Ty. I will go ahead and make my ESPN pick my official pick.......Louisville Cardinals over the Pittsburgh Panthers in the National Championship!

That's my analysis of the game I will give updates daily...Two hours til tip time...gotta do alot between now and then...

1 comment:

Ken Tuck said...

Terps are lucky? Let's see, they have wins over former No. 1 North Carolina, former No. 1 Wake Forest, Clemson, and Big Dance team Michigan. Then they put the smackdown on No. 7 seed California today. Wasn't even close the final 10 minutes. I'm not looking for them to beat Memphis on Saturday, but Coach Williams did perhaps his best coaching since winning the National Championship in 2002. When has W.Va. won a national title in men's b-ball/ Oh yeah, never. Or at least not in modern history.
Actually, I thought this would be a down year for the Terps, maybe 15 wins at tops. But, Williams is an awesome coach and he has done a lot with only a couple of good players. The Terps are very young.
I think Louisville is a good pick to win it all, and I'd like to see them do it. But, I'm picking UNC to win it all. Watch out for Duke as well. I see two Big East teams making it to the Final Four. Maybe UConn being the other team. Pitt will choke. Plenty of darkhorses this year though. LSU has the talent to go deep into the tourney, but they have the misfortune of playing UNC next. But, an off day and the Tigers advance. W. Va. goes out in the second round to Kansas. My upset special is No. 12 seed Western Kentucky over No. 5 seed Illinois. I won't have time to watch much tomorrow as I'll take a furlough day to get Rich moved into our transitional housing. Still some work to be done. But, I'll have my Blackberry and keep a check on the scores. This will be a great tournament. Go Terps!