Friday, August 29, 2008

Football Is In The Air!!!

I have to be unspiritual today! Well, not really as I have learned football is as important as going to church in southern Alabama. Sometimes football seems to be important than church. Sounds like a frustrated preacher. Not really because I love football. There is a smell that gets in the air this time of year. Tonight while driving home with Laurie all I wanted to hear were scores and highlights. Everyone had their Alabama shirts on tonight and noone wanted anything to do with Auburn. I am going to go on the record here before the season gets rolling.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ENTERPRISE WILDCATS. I am predicting a 6-4 season for the Wildcats. I think they will make it into the second round of the playoffs.
Troy won last night they will win all their games that do not include the big shots. Ohio State will kill them!
Alabama had a great recruiting season. Julio Jones is the talk of the country. Yet they will be one game better than 500 this year. BUT ALABAMA WILL HAVE A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP IN THE NEXT FOUR OR FIVE YEARS.
I hope Auburn loses all their games! Or let them be undefeated when they come into Morgantown against the mighty Mountaineers.
West Virginia will lose one game and play in the national championship. If they go undefeated they will win it all. Pat White will be Heisman trophy winner. They better win this year because they will struggle the next 3 or 4 seasons. All that talent will be gone.
MICHIGAN WILL WIN FOUR GAMES UNDER THE RULE OF THE TRADER!!!
Surprise team will be Notre Dame..Don't overlook Pitt or Penn State. A bad year will bring the retirement of Joe Paterno.
USC will lose two games...over-rated. Ohio State and WVU may match up in January.
Ken Tuck has changed churches because the preacher lets him out in time to watch the kick off..he is now influencing Harvest to hire Redskin fans. The Terps will spend most the season spinning on their backs...may 3 wins...I predict 2.
The Dolphins will be 500, Brett Favre will flop in New York. Browns will make it to the semi-finals. Dallas will cry..all what's new. I hope they lose every game! Super Bowl champs will be...the Giants again...and I cannot stand the Manning boys. Maybe a repeat of last years Super Bowl....Long shot Pittsburgh/Cleveland vs. Dallas in the Super Bowl. Sorry Ken the redskins 2 or 3 games over 500.
For my old high school in West Virginia...Oak Glen will have a 500 season and upset Weirton in the playoffs!

3 comments:

Ken Tuck said...

OK. Once again, I won't hold the fact that you're from West Virginia against you. We all know that's the wannbe state. Wanna be like the great state of the real Virginia. You can't help where you are from.
But, the Redskins will dominate that NFC East this year. The Cowchips haven't won a playoff game since 1992 or 1993. There's no way they're making it to the Super Bowl. We will smack them, the NY Midgets and the Philly Buzzards all over the field this year. Redskins are winning it all!
As for college, I don't really care. The NFL is where it's at. But, my boys from Troy are going to have a good year. Next week we'll whip LSU, then on Sept.21 we will beat those Buckeyes, which we all know are nothing but worthless nuts. I want Alabama and Auburn to win all of their games. Not because I'm a fan of either team, but because we sell a lot of newspapers when they win.
As for high schools, I don't have a team since I went to the great Virginia high school of Courtland. BTW, we won two state championships back then. I hope all of the teams can have a good year. Since I know that can't happen because they all play each other, I just hope this area has some representation in Birmingham at the end of the year for the championship games.
Harvest has a wonderful, very anointed new staff pastor, Roy Rogers. I saw the anointing on Roy and his wife Sallie from the moment I first met them. Oh yeah, they're huge Redskins fans. No wonder.
Hail to the Redskins.
Thanks for letting me get in the flesh about my favorite sport. I told our senior pastor, Ralph Sigler, that we need to hold church services after every Redskins game. I spend a lot of time at the altar during football season. :-)
And, for the record, getting out in time for kickoffs isn't the only reason Martha and I go to Harvest. They also serve snacks and coffee in the middle of the service. Dewayne, Tony and I tried to get you to let us eat during the service years ago. I bet Dewayne is still trying to make that happen.
Love you Bro!

justin said...

You must be a prophet! NY Giants repeat! I predict Peyton Manning will start going to The Potter's House and maybe Eli in a couple of years.

Go Trojans!

justin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.