Tuesday, August 26, 2008

New Ministry Ideas

In an era of technology I am excited about beginnning this blog as an attempt to interact with those that know of my ministry efforts but don't know me. Also, this is a way for those of you who do know me to hear and follow my thoughts. I am working hard to transition the way I do ministry. That does not mean I am changing my message. The message does not change but the method does. God has recently opened some crazy doors. This past Monday I was sitting on the couch with my wife watching a documentary on the Chad-Sudan crisis. I asked my wife if she thought I was crazy because I wanted to go and minister to people in those areas of Africa. That I really wanted to go to the places where people still live on dirt floors. The next day a group of young believers whom I had never met was in a meeting that I was attending regarding and inner-city Atlanta outreach. They approached me and asked who I was...this blew me away...they said we were praying last night (while I was sitting on my couch asking wondering on how I could go to Africa on a missions trip) about someone to lead us to Africa and God put you on our heart...we didn't know you...we had know idea who you was...and here you are...WOW. So I did the super-spiritual thing and said I have to pray about it!! There is so much more that God is doing right now that I cannot wait to share what is getting ready to happen!

2 comments:

lisamock said...

Hi Pastor.

Pastor Mike's Blog said...

Thanks Lisa...Please let everyone know they can blog if they would like to