Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Baby Girl!

A couple weeks ago, while deciding to move into our new location a wonderful thing happened in my life. Laurie and I were sitting at an auction when she received a text that blew our socks off.

It went something like this...hey, saw some kids that used to come to church, told them we are getting a new building with a childrens church...they were all excited!

Next text...then I thought we didn't have anyone to lead childrens church...so, I thought about it, and I will do it.

Awesome, someone saw the need...the importance of the need...had a gift and took a huge step forward. So, our second sunday open Febuary 14th, we will be opening our childrens church.

Oh yeah, that person was my baby girl, Brooke. An elementary education major at Troy University. I think it will look great on a resume...working with children while working on her degree. Anyone who knows Brooke...recognizes almost immediately her leadership ability.

Laurie and I are both really proud of her hard work and commitment to Christ!

Gotta go.

1 comment:

Ken Tuck said...

Brooke is awesome. I've always seen her dad's leadership skills in her.