Thursday, January 21, 2010

He Was Fasting...We Were Trusting!

Years of ministry has allowed me to meet and mentor scores of people. Sometimes I may not communicate with folks for years. Then, boom, there they are. Its one of those things I really love about ministry....the relationships!

The day we looked at the property for our church I had one of those in-passing conversations with Dewayne, a church elder. We were talking how things seemed to be coming together, and I mentioned a couple local worship leaders I might call. Because we have been doing video worship for nearly a year. I thought how nice it would be to have live worship again...

But, in that short conversation we mutually agreed that God would provide the right worship leader at the right time. Our church has always found ourselves in a worship leader tail-spin. Which caused us to react with desperate measures. This time we simply said God will provide.

The next day I was checking my phones and noticed a "423" number that I did not recognize. I figured another person wanting me to spill my guts about Word of Life, but I kinda thougt it was my buddy Dave. So, I called! It was a young man that I have known for years. I knew him from my COTH days, and he told me he had been praying and fasting. Seeking direction for his life. Out of the blue when he asked God what to do...the Lord spoke to his heart about coming to Enterprise to help us anyway we needed.

What's wild is we really need some help with cleaning up the property and in the music arena. And, by the way, he is a good worship leader! So he and I talked...I got with my leadership guys...and boom...God has provided...some help and a potential worship leader for our church. First, he is going to come and spend a coupole weeks with us. Then, we will talk and look at what the future looks like.

I am really excited about what God is doing...it blows my mind!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Over the last year, there have been so many reasons that our church should not exist. And yet, over the course of a few weeks, God has turned it completely around. I can't wait for what He has in store...

-Justin

betty riggs said...

hello mikey,

sure could have used you and your church to pray for me a few times. I am so proud that you chose to be a minister. I sort of lost track of you for so many years have thought about you many times.

Love
aunt betty