Wednesday, January 20, 2010

God Can Bring Glory To Himself!

Just a quick testimony of God's amazing grace. God does not have to use us, but by His amazing grace He chooses to use people to reveal His glory. The truth is that God can bring glory to Himself! We just get to enjoy seeing Him work.

Monday night (right at the conclusion of 24) there was a knock on my front door. It was a little late for someone to just show up except for my wife's friend Tammy (she stops by at 2am all coked up on coffee). Usually, the later the knock on my door or the later the phone call usually means the more urgent the need.

This was a gentleman that I have been a friend to in the auctions where I buy and sell. He was kinda over taken by the emotion of just having a baby. Well, he didn't his girlfriend did, but he was the father. I can say I was a little surprised to see him...considering he lives about 30 miles away.

He and Marlane's baby had been born early...she was at least a month early! After she was born there was concern because she was losing weight and could not hold any formula at all. Whatever they fed her was immediately vomitted. There was concern on behalf of the doctor as the baby was steadily losing weight. You can imagine at 4 pounds losing 4 ounces at a time was pretty concerning.

He flew in the door of my house and said I told her I hope you was awake because I am going to get him to pray. He wondered if I would take the time to pray for them. I think he was blown away when I told him I would be right behind him at the hospital. I think he had hoped we could just pray at the house, but sometimes that extra mile is what draws people to Christ. I probably could have said yes I will pray and he would have thanked me and left.

Once I met them at the hospital...it was like holding a nerf football..that was the smallest baby I have personally every seen and that includs dozens of hospital visits for new borns. Marlane explained what was happening...they were very nervous!

They asked me to pray before I left. We all laid hands on the baby. Asked God to heal her, to allow her to eat, allow her to gain weight, and I prayed for the fear to quiet itself in their minds.

Yesterday, Laurie and I took a gift to the baby. We walked in still tears in their eyes...they get a huge smile...and with supressed speach they let it all out! Preacher Mike, its amazing...God did it...the baby has not thrown up since we prayed...she's gaining weight and the doctor said she is fine. They were blown away.

Keep in mind these are not churched people. When we left we were discussing the family getting in church...awesome!

I did nothing but what God has programmed me to do...to be an extension of His grace to others. He is the Healer, the Great Physician and our Comforter.

3 comments:

Hollie said...

That is awesome! God is awesome!! Thank you for being obedient in your service to God. What an amazing testimony!
-Hollie

Ken Tuck said...

Praise God! We serve a totally awesome God!

Anonymous said...

Cool story, I love to see God at work.