Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday Night Review

What a difference a couple of days can make! A few days ago I was sure that many in our fellowship were beat down and defeated due to the ever changing circumstances of the past couple of years. Was I wrong! They came energized!

Over the past several months Christ Life Church has lost a building, met in a park, rented a hotel conference room, met in a restraunt, and now we are going to be in homes for at least the next month. The last ten years has been one challenge after the other, but I am seeing the fruit of teaching balanced messages and pouring into the leaders.

Nearly 10 years ago we came to Enterprise with anywhere from 12 to 21 people coming to services. Over a couple year period we saw an explosion of growth to over a couple hundred calling our church their home. In those first 9 years we had over 3000 visitors. Our growth was explosive and so was our ministry. Unfortunately, our covering began having legal issues which lead to our first request for them to put the building back in the local churches name.

God in His wisdom knew He could not allow us to grow to thousands knowing the evil that lurked as a prententious spiritual covering for our fellowship. Over a four year period we began realizing we were tied to an organization that lacked integrity. So, we decided to come out from under their covering as the manipulation continued.

Many would visit and comment that our church should be running thousands...and I agreed. God being in control knew what was coming. Imagine if thousand had been coming when Word of Life sold the church out from under us. What if we had thousands and thousands of dollars that they could have drained from our bank account.

Through this I have seen the wisdom of God, and the resiliance (sp?) of His people. Today fearing the beginning of the end...God showed me that He has put a remnant of people that still wanted to go forward. Nearly, 50 people showed up at our house at 10:30 this morning to show their support....I really anticipated 20 at the most. I told them we have no building options, and that we would have to meet in homes for a month before we can even begin to make any building decisions. To my surprise over 55 people are now signed up for small groups.

I let them know if they still have hope that God is going to move in our church, then I will continue to lead the charge. I am trusting God to take us forward from this point. I am making no big plans...totally leaving it up to Him. Its His church so He can do what He wants I am simply a vessel yielded to God.

What a great day! Please continue to pray for God to move at Christ Life Church.

3 comments:

Ken Tuck said...

Praise God! That's an awesome report Bro! Christ-Life Church is made up of some very special people. Obviously, God isn't finished in Enterprise yet. He has a plan, and you are right, just let Him do whatever He wants to do and how He wants to do it. I know God will blow everyone's minds. Small groups can be a very powerful way of growing a church. Our church has many, many small groups and that has been one of the key ways our church has grown over the years. You can still stay in one mind and one accord with small groups. I believe it also makes the corporate worship that much stronger, because you have people who are connected. They don't just see each other one or two hours a week, but they spend time together during the week and really get to know each other.
Christ-Life Church continues to be in mine and Martha's prayers. We love you, Laurie, Brooke, Mikey, and all of our brothers and sisters at Christ-Life Church.

CRG said...

Mike,

This is a very encouraging note. Keep it up, and continue being who you are. I always looked up to you, even though you were my younger bro. You are a genuine, down to earth man of God. As God leads, just make sure that you continue the works He cares about; not jet skis, deer hunting or bass boats. Rather let Him turn your heart to the homeless the world, the pained, those who weep silently, widows and the one who has no one to stand up for them.

If I have learned anything in life it is that every heartache, every pain, every hard time simply reinforces the fact that God is in control, and wants the best for us. Everyday I wake up and see my family and my wife and thank God for his great goodness.

Hey send me your address...so I can help you guys out.

Love ya
Craig

Pastor Mike's Blog said...

Craig,

Good to hear from you...I am going out on my jet ski to shoot a deer drinking water near my cabin on my bass pond.

You know I have always admired you as well...I tell everyone you are probably the most intellegent person I have ever met in my life. I thank God for all of our wonderful memories. You have been a great brother through the years. I know we lost track for a while but you are one of those friends that God will never let me lose.

Tell the family I said hello...

Love ya punk,
Mike