Friday, July 31, 2009

Why Do Vacations Have to End?
























































Just wanted to let every one know that we are back from our vacation in West Virginia. What a great family getaway! My kids have not been home in a few years so my family was really stoked about all of coming home together.




















We stayed at my mothers house which is located at the highest point in Hancock County. She still has not put her AC in the window. We slept with the windows open...for the first couple days it never went over 70 degreess. One night we had to turn the heat on in the rental car.




















Of course, we were able to spend time with my dad as well. Its always late night eating when we go to his house. But, dad has cable and internet that works so we spend alot of time with him watching TV.




















I met my new nephew...lil Bradley...that's scary. He is adorable. My niece Devon was there and spent just about every woken hour with us...and every sleeping hour as well.




















We at like pigs! I had lost about 10 to 12 pounds and I gained it all back. Jake (moms husband) and Theresa (dads wife) are really good about making sure we have plenty to eat.




















The first couple days we chilled and spent the afternoons deer spotting. I hung out with my brother at the track for a couple nights....I could not do that all the time. Fun to visit but it could be addicting! Of course, I did some yard saling and stored it at my brothers house. I picked Brooke up at the airport on Saturday. Sunday we went to Geneva on the Lake on Lake Erie. Its awesome...I grew up taking my childhood vacations there. We located a missing family member...no really over a year missing.




















While there an old friend lost his son in a car accident, and my step-brothers father died...that was sad! Please continue to pray for them during their time of loss...




















Of course, we ate! We went out to Laurie'e dads twice and met him at a restraunt on another night. He and his wife, Sharon, fed us a huge hot dog meal...with pasta salad...steamed veggies...my favorite was the zuchinni! Laurie really enjoyed her time with her dad. Grandma really seemed to enjoy herself as well. They don't get to see him as often!




















The best thing for me was just seeing my kids with their cousins, grandparents and old friends. Mikey rode dirtbikes and Brooke had Minnie-mouse stay all night with her....no for real...the Minnie from Walt Disney World!




















We see my family alot as they travel south quite often, but to me there is no place like home. The people back in Newell, WV are just down to earth, real folks. I really love the people I grew up with...tons of memories! Laurie got to shop, shop and shop. We love going home!




















Enjoy the pictures!

No comments: