Sunday, July 19, 2009

Old Church Becomes An Auction House

The sale of the old church building has finally happened. Unfortunately, things didn't work out like we anticipated. God is still in control, and He will restore that which was lost in all this.

This week we received alot of attention when we protested at the closing of the old property. To be honest some was good and some not so good. One thing I admit that I did not think through vey well was how this would weigh on the new owners.

The new owners are Tom and Jesse Neese. They are very good people and I count them as friends. A few months ago Tom called to take Laurie and I to dinner. He told me he was moving his business to Enterprise, and I assumed he was looking for a business partner as he knows I love auctions. To the contrary he wanted to inform me of a business move he was making. He and his wife told me they had entered a contractual agreement to purchase the church property, and was shocked to find out after the fact that it was the church we had been forced to evict.

They have been so gracious...they asked me not to be upset with them. I assured them I was not at the least bit put off by their business decision. It was a great move at an unbelievable price...I told them if I could get it at that price I would do it too. Furthermore, when they found out it was the church I pastored they offered the building to the church at no charge...unreal. I expressed concern for the people...and they said its open anytime...Anytime!

The news did not make it clear about the time span that we were locked out and evicted...this has been a two year process. So, its vitally important that everyone in the community understand that the Neese's have done nothing wrong to our church. They have extended a loving arm, and I ask that noone criticize them for what they did. They have nothing to do with what has gone on in our battle with Word of Life.

That is just a building...don't turn it into a sacred cow. We are the church and we will continue. The Neese family has been very generous to me and our fellowship. I encourage the local folks to go enjoy a night at the auction...trust me the roof won't cave in...nothing sac-religious about it.

When Laurie and I first went we stepped out and shed a little tear, but it was something that needed to be done. So, my apologies to the Neese family for any unfair criticism you have received due to your recent purchase. I want them to know I love them and I will support their business when I can.

FYI: The auctions are Tuesday & Saturday @ 7pm! Go have some fun and try their BBQ it makes us fat boys happy!

No comments: