Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Don't Lose Your Mind...

Have you ever felt like you were about to lose it? There have been times that not only did I feel I was about to lose it, but I was ready to let it go. Fortunately, God's grace has always been there. Have you ever noticed when you are at your wits end....that's when it seems like God shows up.

Lately, I have found myself reading over/rehearsing the scriptures that regard protecting your mind....

  • cast down every imagination that tries to exalt itself against who Christ is...
  • renewing your mind with the washing of the Word...
  • being transformed and not conformed to the ways of this world....
  • dwell on the right, lovely, praiseworthy, and the list of things goes on...

Its a battle out there, and its a battle in here. By in here I mean your mind! There's a song out that says "why does love feel like a battlefield". My era was more Pat Benatarish...."love is a battlefield." Have you ever considered that maybe the battle rages in your mind becasue of the tremendous love God has for you. On the other hand, there is an enemy to your soul who is battling for control of your mind as well. The mind is the battlefield.

Not much of a soldier, but part of the strategy of war is to gain ground. To lose ground is to lose a battle. In your mind do whatever it takes to maintain what you have conquered, and advance slowly. In times of battle...I will say out loud that I am not going to think about that or this. Its my insane way of staying sane. Lately, I have practiced that alot and found that it helps. Because it helps in areas I have struggled with for years....guilt, fear, etc.

So just a thought this morning....DON'T LOSE YOUR MIND!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow I needed to read this, Satan will try anything he can to take our eyes off the Lord and put them on our problems. Philippians 4:8 meditate on this verse. Such a blessing !

Donna Lewis said...

Fear is my biggest enemy in moving forward in life..as I always seem to struggle most with the unknown and uncertainties and fear the unknown and unfamilar can bring...I have found that if I focus more on prayer, meditation and the love, grace, strength, and power of God... there is nothing we cannot conquer in our lives given it is God's will. God is good all the time and will not let me fall if I listen to God's gently voice in my heart! Thank you God for your love and light that guide me, your power and strength that sustain me through the tough times and the lessons I learn to move forward with stronger love and faith in you..I am blessed!
Donna Lewis